> The Adventures of Bella Donna: Sticks and Brooms

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sticks and Brooms

Bella has completely changed my cleanliness ways.  I clean my room every other day, and yet shower quicker and less often than before.  She has a knack for getting into things, so my showers come during her nap time, after she is dead asleep.  And during those showers, I must get clean as fast as possible to beat her waking up.  During one shower, I thought she was flat out, she seemed to be dreaming, and I came out in my towel to her eating a sock.  Another time she fooled me into thinking she was asleep, only to have her try to eat the shower curtain.

While my hygiene suffers a little, my cleanliness in my room is excelling.  I have to keep everything of value off the floor at all times, and now she has gotten tall enough to reach the tops of my dressers, so those are kept as clear as possible, too.  I also vacuum and sweep the bathroom floor about twice a week, because she has found a new item to destroy...sticks.

Somehow she sneaks them inside.  I am not sure how.  Most of the time I catch her before she gets through the door, but I think she found out how night blind I am, and maybe she sneaks them in when I let her inside in the dark.  Anyways, I came up to my room the other day only to find fragments of bark and sticks all over the carpet.  It looked like I had spread mulch all over the floor.  On top of that, she was laying in the middle of the room trying to disguise the fact that she was chewing a stick.  She had her bone in front of the stick so that I couldn't see the culprit of the mess.



All this cleanliness must have gone to her head, because yesterday I caught her dragging a broom back and forth across the backyard.  Whether she was attacking the broom or trying to sweep the yard, I will never know, but it was a pretty hilarious sight to behold.  Even funnier was when the tip of the handle would catch on the floor and slightly pole vault her.





Needless to say, the broom won't be of much use anymore.  Luckily we have more stored in safer quarters.  She can have that one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment