> The Adventures of Bella Donna: Morning Breath

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Morning Breath

I have started letting Bella sleep in my room now.  I used to lock her up in her cage at night, but I decided I would try out leaving the cage door open and letting her sleep in my room.  Sometimes she gets hot and likes to sleep on the bathroom floor, but for the most part she sleeps in my bed.

I know some people think it is bad to let a dog sleep in bed with you, but I love having her there.  I have a hard time sleeping on my own anyways, and I sometimes have nightmares, so I feel safer with her loose.  Plus, she is a cuddler like me.

We always start out with her sleeping at my feet.  I have one of those pillow cushions with arms to lean against at the foot of the bed, and she loves to cuddle with that.  She pretty well stays there all night unless she wakes up to get some water or move to the bathroom floor if she is hot.  But she has gotten in this funny habit in the mornings.

Since I don't have a real job yet, I get to sleep in as late as I want.  This is pretty nice, although I am ready for more to do during my day.  But anyways, we tend to sleep in until 10:30 in the mornings, sometimes 9 if I am feeling extra motivated that day.  Once sunlight creeps into my bedroom, Bella moves up on the bed.  She lays herself as long as she can get right next to me with her head on my pillow and normally one paw will be on my arm.  I love waking up like this. She is such an adorable girl.  Although, once the licking starts, I tend to finally get up and get us ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment