> The Adventures of Bella Donna: Shots and Mange

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shots and Mange

Today I took Bella to the vet.  She got the last of her 3 Parvo vaccinations and her Rabies shot.  She wasn't too excited about those, but she seemed to stay pretty calm.  She also got her first of the worm prevention pills, which she actually liked to eat.

She also has puppy mange, otherwise known as demodectic mange.  It's localized on two small spots on her muzzle, barely even visible.  I got to see the little cigar-shaped things under a microscope which was actually pretty cool, and kind of gross. But the vet explained what they were and treatment and such.

Hopefully my little rescue puppy will get better soon. She was pretty sleepy all day, but I guess it is wearing off because she is currently chewing up my checkbook box.

Now to rescue my checks...

No comments:

Post a Comment