> The Adventures of Bella Donna: Destructo-Puppy

Monday, January 24, 2011

Destructo-Puppy

Yesterday Bella was the worst she has ever been.  She kept testing my patience all day and snapping back at me when I took something she wasn't allowed to chew away.  I am hoping that this phase will pass.  She was still testy today, but not near as much.  I blame in part the cold weather (preventing long walks) and aching teeth.

Luckily I have found ways to combat her boredom.  It seems the best toys are always the free ones.  She spent about an hour yesterday chasing a 7-Up bottle yesterday.  It was hilarious.  She scoots it around the room, under the bed, under the dresser, and then back across the room.  Every time it gets stuck somewhere, she comes to me and whines so I will get it out for her.  This has become an everyday game.


My room has also become wilderness grounds again.  She has caught on to the fact that I take the sticks away from her if I see her bringing them inside.  Now my crafty little pup chooses sticks small enough to completely hide inside her mouth.  Then, she brings them upstairs and destroys them all over the carpet.  I vacuumed today because it looked like I had spread mulch all over the ground.  Not two minutes after cleaning, though, she got out a stick she had hid under a blanket in her bed.  It's hopeless...


She also chewed up a hand towel...must have been exhausting because this is how I found her and her accomplishment.


Then she went into the backyard and decided gardening was her next best thing to do.  I found quite a few holes around the pond and in the flower beds.  My first step outside was just a slight introduction to the destruction.  The old cast iron bird house was not only knocked down, but had been dragged at least a few feet from it's original place, and she had gotten out all the plastic things you put under planters to catch the excess water.  Those were thrown about all over the yard, and she was attacking them one by one.  It was pretty hilarious.




I love my little destructo-puppy.  No matter how bad she is, she can't help but be adorable.  I do my best to train hr right, but sometimes you can't help but laugh.


On another note, Bella lost a tooth today.  She has probably lost quite a few, but today I found one next to her as she was chewing her bone.  Weirdest thing to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment